Waste Basket of My Subconcious

I have many ways to waste time and this is merely one.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mental Illness Is a Failure to Misinterpret the World.


Well, here it is almost 2 weeks later and I am finally posting the Texas pix. It's not even that it was that hard to get them from our new, crappy camera to this website. I just hate learning technical stuff (she says, in her crabby old lady voice.) It's just never ending and will become superfluous when I gotta learn the new way in a few weeks. And also. . . (insert any creepy old pissing and moaning you've every heard from anyone.) And all this techno crap is crap.

Not really. It's very useful and, why, just today I installed InDesign on my computer and will soon be slogging my way thru it in the joyous weeks to come (Thanks Kenny!)

We had our 4th of July Get Together here at Hogwash Junction. It was fun. Kyle made fajitas. Turns out Wishbone italian dressing and some worschester sauce make a kick ass marinade. People also made amazing ice cream-Elizabeth, proprietrix of Sahagun Chocolates, made a dark, rich chocolate ice cream. Wendy and Joseph made butter pecan and a raspberry sorbet. SO GOOD! Ethan helped me make my White Trash banana puddin'. Instead of layers there was lots of mixing, but, ya know, it all ends up in the same place anyhow, so it was awright. We had a bubble machine. Best $10 Target purchase ever. It's like Lawrence Welk on crack. It was so amazing and SO bubbly and Wyatt just ran around screaming "Bubbles!" (and most of the rest of us wanted to.)

Kyle goes to see his school advisor on Friday, checking into an Environmental Science degree. Our neighbor has one and has been talking to Kyle about options. It's funny that Jonas, our neighbor, researches weeds and I think he could do a lot of research just from his own yard! It's some impressive cultivating of crazy, invasive species.

My memoir group meets on Thursday and I have actually done some writing before hand, not waiting til the day of to toss something off. Not that it's any better than stuff I haven't put much time into. I can fuss too much w/ stuff and it starts to wilt and sigh and then it's just awful. Better I just write it and leave it alone and edit later, when it's not trying to be born.

Tuco is over the pink eye, Melissa thinks Trudy has ring worm (she DOESN'T!) and Wampus is getting old (he's ELEVEN) and sleeps alot this summer. Or maybe he's just hot? At any rate, I think every one is doing pretty good. Oh! And I finally mailed off Anita and my mom's Christmas presents! I just hope the gift certificates are still good. This is the year, ok, actually, all the years are the year, that I suck as a gift sender. I do love you, and I do think about you, and chances are I have even bought you things. But, I just ain't dragging my ass to the post office for you. Now I just need to mail their bday and wedding presents!

1 comment:

Jenn Casey said...

Oh I'm glad you're updating your blog! I, too, acquire a crabby old lady voice (with just a hint of whine for effect) when forced to learn some new technology crap. Makes me want to drag my feet on the ground and complain about wanting to Go Home Already.

Will go check out the pix now!