Waste Basket of My Subconcious

I have many ways to waste time and this is merely one.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

High School


Well, I have gotten to a point on Facebook where I am contacting and being contacted by friends from high school and even jr. high. One gal from high school is a GRANDMOTHER now. I have been so excited to peep into the adult lives of these friends from long ago. I was so lucky to find them then and pretty much everybody is still kicking ass.

Rene Trevino, old high school friend and drama buddy, was in Portland w/ his sweetie, visiting folks he knows out here. We got to have beers on the patio at Vendetta this past Sunday. He has always been so expressive, and I was so happy to get to see him! All his friends (cuz ya know he brought an entourage) were so nice, too. I promised them I would post pix of him and his wild hair days, but I need some alone time w/ my scanner first. Needless to say, he looks dashing now, even if he doesn't have his signature high school tease and swoop.

There was also some excitement a couple of weeks ago. A bat got in the house. I don't know how, but we do leave the doors open alot in the early evening and night. But this damn thing was cruising around in the laundry room when I went to change clothes out and scared the pee outta me. At first, since it was so outta context, I couldn't even get my head around what I was seeing. Hooded mouse frog???? Then it clicked and I rushed upstairs to call Kyle at work at 11:30pm, and he was less excited than I was. When he got home we hung out in the basement for an hour, but the damn thing wasn't gonna give us an encore. Next morning, when Kyle took the dogs out to eat, our cat Wampus was sitting in front of the liquor cabinet, staring up longingly. Since Wampus usually doesn't imbibe until later in the day Kyle followed his gaze to the twinkle lights hanging above the liquor cabinet and found Mr. Batty McBattenstein. Kyle threw a towel over the tiny squeaker and released him outside, much to Wampus' disappointment. Later this same week a goldfinch got in the house and perched in the same corner of the livingroom. Gotta study up on some Feng Shui and see what corner that is and why we're attracting all the wing'ed beasties.

No comments: