Waste Basket of My Subconcious

I have many ways to waste time and this is merely one.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Celebrity Sightings


Well, not really. One of my Super Powers is to see folks on my bus who almost look like famous people. I have seen Kurt Vonnegut, and Kevin Kline. Yesterday I saw Howard Hesseman.

If you notice on Howard's Winkipedia page, he is from Oregon, so, maybe. . . And, if you don't love Howard as much as you should you need to check out the movie Rubin and Ed. So spectacular, and includes Crispen Glover and Karen Black, so really, you can't go wrong.

Again I am at work. One of the perks is that my office is right by the AV dorks. Right now they are pretending to be the PSU school principal & are giving fake addresses over a bad, reverb-y PA system. Oh, for a taser. . . Actually I could bring my blackjack tomorrow and just start taking those mo-fos out.

One of my good friends from my first days in college at San Marcos State University is coming to visit this weekend. We used to call him Big Joe, because he dated Little Joe, who was a good foot shorter than Big Joe. Now, w/ no Little Joe, Big Joe is again Joe. He's been in NYC, being cheffy and designing kitchens. This will be his first visit westward, so we are trying to think of all the good West Coast things for him to do. Like get his aura read. Or ride a wacky bike, like one made out of bamboo, or that reclines, or has a seat 6 feet tall. Also, eat berries and salmon and fiddle heads (except they are outta season) and have a Marionberry Ricky. Going to Mt. Hood to look for Sasquatch. Going to the coast to look for starfish. Go to the Japanese Gardens. That kinda stuff.

Awright, gotta get back to my reading. I'm learning about snake handling!

1 comment:

chickengeorge1236 said...

hey lori
could you post that photo, its a phot o that has stayed with me for a long time, the one where your best friend from hs went to her prom and she is standing outside the motel room with those flowers, its priceless!, thanks for linking me, cheers g i am going to link some shit up on my blogspot i got chicken bones ebay folk,