Waste Basket of My Subconcious

I have many ways to waste time and this is merely one.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Company







Well, I think Joe and Stephen are having a good time. They went to the Farmer's Market and to the Japanese Gardens on Saturday. Sauvie Island and the Vendetta for $1 Rainers on Sunday. Then Kyle and I met them at their friend Steve's place for grilled goodies and pate (can't remember my accent codes today, it's pat-TAY, not pate.) We ended up boring Steve's chicken, who went on in to bed, instead of waiting for us to drop greedily horded crumbs of delicious food, like roasted corn, brats, roasted squash, olive bread, tomatoes, cantaloupe, and a fabulous Ryan-made apple pie. And we sat snuggled up to the firepit on the deck, retelling creepy Texas stories in the crisp Portland evening.

Yesterday they went to Mississippi Street for some treats at Gravy (gravy covered fries, mmmmmm. . . ) then to Powell's Books. Then we met for dinner at Echo. They make a kick-ass blue cheese burger. The jamblaya & curried clams were good. I had steak w/ chipotle chedder mashed 'taters. Uh huh! And we had Marionberry Rickeys. Then, because we weren't disgustingly full-to-bursting yet, we went to Pix on Division and had mousse-y, carmel-y, creme brule-y treats, Kyle had basil ice cream. Then, home to laze about in a food coma.

Today, I sit again at work w/ nothing to do. Sigh. The boys are checking out the Gorge, and driving out the old Columbia Hiway, to look at waterfalls, and maybe spot a Sasquatch or two. Tonite I think Joe and Stephen are gonna check out Higgins. Then they head out to Seattle to visit w/ Stephen's fambly. It is so fun having them here! Joe's deadpan Texas delivery kills me. And Stephen has a mega-watt smile and is so nice.

No comments: